miércoles, 7 de julio de 2021

few resources for an anime-style game

 


Oh I think so, aside from a good amount of post talking about anime RPGs, I found little information to prepare my game. Luckily I have the DnD Orient books  that came out through the Dungeon Master Guild website. But I can't find many pages to define plots, location names, background or concrete game experiences. Several people talk about long campaigns with the OVA system or playing BESM, but I can't find any concrete overview of the games.


I came across several pages that do have some of the information I need, but few things seem to be focused on the anime RPG experience. Which is not so strange, after all, it is a somewhat hidden setting for a hobby that in itself is not so famous. 

So taking into account that I have very few tools to create a world with blogs and web pages, I think I will have to make use of the manuals I have at hand. Luckily the Tenra Banzho Zero world sounds interesting and has the setting manual separated from the rules, which is already an advantage. 

For others, this would be the perfect opportunity to make use of the Anima manual, but in my case, the overcomplication of the rules drove me away many years ago and I have no interest in returning. The setting seems to have an air of the Final Fantasy games, for those who are curious. 

Although the Tenra manual does not have much background on the world, it does have some sections dedicated to providing ideas for encounters or quests that characters can do. In general the world is quite simple, a Buddhist cult tries to rule from the shadows a nation full of warring regions. There are groups that try to reveal themselves against the religious cult and little else. It also has lists of place names, important families and the history of the world in a very reduced form. I think that will be enough for the time being. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario